Thursday, March 7, 2013

Week 9 EOC: Letters of Permission



While doing my research for the letters of permission project, I found an extremely helpful site that I pulled all my forms from. The website is hiphopproduction.com and it features a list of free music contracts for artists, musicians, engineers, and more. The forms I chose were the exclusive agent form, studio charge time contract, talent release contract, and the copyright assignment form. All these documents are things I will potentially use as I advance in my career as an audio professional.  An exclusive agent form is a document where an artist signs and agrees to hire an agent. The agent lists his/her terms on the document and handles the artists’ booking, traveling, and any other part of the artists’ professional career. A studio charge time contract lays out the hourly pay that a studio receives within the time frame (ex: 2 years) specified on the contract. A talent release contract states the guidelines and limits when talent is released to do work for other business. Also, the talent releases rights to any money made to the master owner. Last, but not least, is the copyright assignment form. This document entails who owns the rights of songs produced or any composition made. All of these documents are signed by their respective parties to protect from people who want to get over on them. I picked these four documents because of where I want to go in my career. I want to own a record label eventually, and to do so successfully I will have to be able to read and make all agreements known through contract or release form. As previously stated, the website I used was of much use. There were hundreds of contracts specifically tailored to the music business. I will use this website as a resource in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment